Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Newborn Cardigan - Instructions

I wanted to document how I made the baby cardigan, before I loose the piece of paper I scribbled down what I did. I used debbie bliss Rialto DK


Body:

Cast on 86 Stitches

Row 1-2: k
Row 3 (buttonhole): k accross to last 4 sts, k1, y0, k2togk1
Row 4-5: k
Row 6. k4, P accross to within 4 stitches of end k4
Row 7: k

Repeat Row 6 and 7 until 14 cm. But create buttonholes with 8 garters between (I had 9 between and, the last two buttons will be two close). Instructions for Buttonhole row is Row3.


Sleeves:

Cast on 24 stithces,

knit 3 garthers (knit 1 round, purl 1 round).  Increase in every 6th round (total of 5 times) until you have 35 stitches. Knit until 14 cm.  Put 6 stitches in the middle on scrap of yarn.

Attach the sleeves to the body :  knit 20 (6 stitches on scrap of yarn), knit 28 stitches sleeve (6 stitches on scrap of yarn), knit 34 stithces (6 stithces on scrap of yarn), knit 28 stitches sleeve (6 stitches on scrap of yarn), knit 20 stithes.  You now have 130 stitches on the needles.  Knit 2 rounds (Row 7 and 6)

Raglan decrease:
Decrase 10 times (Row 7), make sure to knit also row 6 without decreases.  In the end you will have 50 stithces.

Knit 3 garthers in the end and then Cast off.



No comments:

Post a Comment