Friday, April 26, 2013

Stashbusting - Toe up, shortrow heel socks.

I saw these socks on Ravelry and I had to cast on immediately, not sure how wise that is as I still have several projects ongoing.


But my soon to be 3 year old, needs warm socks, as they seem to disappear  I knitted one this winter, and her grandmother as well and they have both vanished at daycare. These are from various scraps of yarn (Dale baby ull, istex kambgarn, navia uno, lanett). Incredible how little yarn you need for a pare of socks in size ca. 25-26. I don´t think these will dissapear... to colorful to be taken by mistake (the other were one color gray and the other purple, rather unisex and similar to the socks that many of the other kids have).

I have been doing some amendments to the pattern, and the sock that´s finished fits perfectly. Now I just need to finish the other sock.

Pattern:  spiral sock pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment