Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Back to the future

Yesterday I showed you some old patterns that I loave from www.istex.is. Now I want to show you some of the more recent patterns in age.

The cardigan on the bottom left could also be my sommer jacket, but I think it is knitted from Plötulopi if I remember correctly and I hate knitting from unspun wool. I also like the idea of knitting a cape in létt-lopi in a single color.

These would all look good on my husband.

I
I also love these patterns.

I have already knitted the one on the left, just in Sandnes smart yarn, and of course I had to change it a little bit. My mom and my mother in law both have knitted the purple one in the middle.

The sweater in the Smart yarn.

The sweater my mom made in Navia Duo for my older girl when she was around 1 years old(I get my unwillingness to follow pattern/yarn choices from her).

The sweater my mother in law made and my 2 1/2 year old got for Christmas, in Létt-lopi as the pattern intended. She also made the matching doll sweater and hat, which was a big hit.

There is endless amount of lovely patterns for the icelandic wool, the worst part is that I can´t wear it. I´m however going to try to change it by making one and see if I won´t grow to love it.


Were you inspired to start on some new projects by this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment