Wednesday, June 19, 2013


These pants were supposed to be ready before 17th of June, our Independence day, instead they were finished on the 18th...  they took forever to finish on 2.5 and 2 mm needles. But they are worth the effort, they can be used now and will hopefully fit through next winter as well.

I made several attempts to photograph the owner of the pants, but she just gives me this fake cry and smiling simultanously . But of course I pick her up for her efforts and she knows it works so this is the face I see very often.

Pattern:  Babystrik på pinde 3
Yarn: Dale baby wool
Needles: 2 and 2.5 mm
Modification:  cast on 144 stitches, no decreases after the belly-ribbing, before the ribbing at the bottom of the feet decrease in the last round to 52 stitches.  I made them longer than the stitch count for this width called for.
Notestoself: the belly ribbing might be tighter, and then maybe increase in the first round after the belly-ribbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment