Friday, April 19, 2013

Crochet adventures

I finally decided it was time to learn how to crochet (my new years resolution for 2013). Over a month ago I got for my birthday a crochet book, yarn and hook (I already had bought crochet set of needles in  2010 with the intention to learn).  This is the results of my first crochet attempt.



I´m making granny squares.  The book(Þóra heklbók) was of no help for me until I had mastered the square through youtube then I could use the picture, impossible to understand the text in the book (maybe not well written or maybe it is just me). I can´t recommend this book for beginners, but there are some lovely patterns in it so when I have mastered crocheting I will be making some lovely things from it. 

This is the book

The Youtube vidoes I used are these


1 comment:

  1. Hæ!
    I recommend this one for both knitting and crochet. http://viv.dk/Boeger/Boeger.htm

    Btw nice site (didn't know about this... hmm). I am def. trying some of your patterns.

    ReplyDelete