Friday, May 10, 2013

Alpacca sweater


My younger daughter needed another sweater, and I already have more planned (please don´t tell my husband).  She needed something now that it is spring and it is to warm to wear the snowsuit, she only has some open sweaters that are partly buttoned and I felt that her tommy would be cold.  And this one fits with a bit of room to grow (maybe not very wise of me how little room there is to grow, and I should maybe give this away but I´m not always rational).


The hat and mittens were blogged about previously here

She seems to like it


Pattern: none, though heavily inspired by several icelandic patterns (part of the chart (bottom, and sleeaves and start of the yoke comes from a free pattern)
Yarn: Sandnes Alpakka (gray and white), Dale royal alpakka (pink)
Needles: 3 and 3.5mm
notes to self:  cast on 108 stitches for body (18 cm), sleeves cast on 32 stitches, increase to 36 before chart, 6 rounds after the chart increase to 38 stithces, then knit 6 rounds and increase to 40 stithces (16.3 cm)

No comments:

Post a Comment